Tuesday, July 6, 2010

"Thank you we be here."

Psalm 86:12
"I will give thanks to You, O Lord my God, with all my heart,And will glorify Your name forever. "

When we sit down to a meal, we all go around and each take a turn praying.  Keep in mind that my son is 3 1/2, my first daughter is 2 and the baby is 10 months.  It takes some time, but it's rewarding.  One of the things I like about it is what the kids say when they pray.  Sometimes they say the cutest things and other times they say things that are so profound that my wife and I are amazed.  Often they'll pray about things that my wife or I will pray about (This really makes us think about what we say and do around them).  But most every prayer for my son and daughter starts out with, "Dear Lord, Thank you we be here."  Hearing it over and over each time we pray, I sort of take it for granted what they are saying.  Now I don't know if they know the significance of what they're saying, but I was thinking about it the other day.  It's such a simple, little prayer, but very appropriate.  "Thank you we be here" says so much with so little.  Think about what this phrase means.  I'll leave the details up to you, but do take a few minutes and think about it and let me know what you come up with.

Thank you,

Patrick Antonucci

No comments:

Post a Comment